Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Gimme Shelter


Gimme Shelter is a not-for-profit event with every cent from ticket sales going directly to feed and nurture the homeless. Tickets are dirt-cheap at $25 + booking fee in advance, $35 on the door from www.heatseeker.com.au, The Fremantle Arts Centre and usual outlets. Under 16’s are $10 and kids under 6 are free. Gates open at 5.30pm.

Also performing is Brave and the Bird. And who are Brave and the Bird? Gimme Shelter organisers are remaining tight-lipped on this one. “We can’t tell you for legal reasons”, said event organiser Phoebe Corke. “All I can say is it’s a couple of big name performers, we’re very excited and the crowd is going to go wild when they see who it is.”






I hope if you're in Perth you come along to this! (oh & and I know who Brave and The Bird are ;P na nah nah nah naaaah! )

2 comments:

Graham Nunn said...

Oh Amanda... Dom Mariani is one of my heroes. Still remember seeing The Stems many years ago and again when they reformed. he is AusRock Royalty. And Brave and the Bird hey... you have to tell me who it is after the show. Intriguing indeed!

Amanda Joy said...

Hey Graham, The Stems reunion gig here at the Fly By Night was brilliant. I loved them long time too. This should be a great night, as it is every year! & I think people will be ever so very chuffed when they find out who they get to see for twenty five bucks! Wish you were here! :)

I just saw a satellite picture of Yasi. I hope it decreases off the coast into nothingness like Bianca did here and you are safely battened down. much love.